Thursday, June 23, 2005

Different angle, same thing

Lessig referred to JC Watts. Who's he? After some Yahoo-ing I discovered a speech given by Watts to the NRA.

Watts makes a powerful point- is spirituality being erased in the name of political correctness? I attended a "convent" high school with was run by a catholic church, and being essentially an Hindu did NOT make me a convert, or hate christianity. It had the opposite effect - better understanding of a different religion makes me appreciate what are the good parts in both, and empathize better with other cultures.

I worry now about my daughter about to enter kindergarten in a month in the USA growing up without any spirituality besides the one at home, which she surely will not pay attention to since it is perceived as so wrong in the outside world.

No comments: